Aliso Viejo, CA
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
(Aliso Viejo, CA)
Software Engineer, Cloud Back-End
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, the Cloud Gaming Engineering and Infrastructure (CGEI) team is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device!
As a Software Engineer on the Cloud Back-End Engineering team, you'll play a key role in the design and development of server-side applications for cloud automation on a large geographically distributed infrastructure.
• Implementation of features in distributed back end systems
• Ownership of the implementation, and delivery of well-defined features from start to finish
• Write and execute unit tests via testing frameworks
• Triage and fix reported bugs
• Communicate estimates, schedules, issues and dependencies to technical or project lead
• Define and craft integration tests with Test Engineering
• Continually bring new ideas and insights about technology to the engineering team
• Share knowledge for new technologies with the team
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• 2-4 years of relevant development experience
Skills & Knowledge
• Knowledge of Java or Golang required
• Knowledge of Python nice to have
• Knowledge of Linux and Bash
• Knowledge in both NoSQL and Relational Data Stores
• Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Consul, and other CNCF technologies
• Intermediate knowledge of version control tools such as git and GitLab
• Familiar with Agile development environment
• Gamer is a plus
• Enjoys working in a multifaceted and fast-paced environment
• Strong communication and documentation skills
• Contribution to the open-source community (ie. blogs, source code, etc)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy8vv0-18-234-244-170-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.