Software Engineer II (Backend)
San Francisco, CA
You will be a key member of our backend team and determine the core infrastructure of our next generation platforms and services to enhance our PlayStation ecosystem.
• Work among a dedicated platform level scrum team, building the future backend infrastructure that powers the PlayStation platform. You will collaborate not only within the scrum team, but work closely with an international team of client and backend developers.
• Develop scalable and robust services built on top of NodeJS
• Submit, review, and address proposals submitted by cross team contributors that'll help shape the overall architecture and organization of the platform.
• Represent the team in technical forums, present designs, and share experiences with other Sony software development organizations.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness through usage of unit tests for portions of code delivered
• Ownership of the implementation and delivery of mid-size to large features. Create required documentation including low-level design. Communicate estimates, schedules, issues and dependencies to the team
• Fix bugs and provide support for business and maintenance teams.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science or relevant professional experience in lieu of a degree.
• 3+ years of building, maintaining, and enhancing backend services.
• Foundational knowledge of various cloud solutions offered by AWS (Redis, DynamoDB, S3, etc.)
• Interest in and/or experience developing and utilizing GraphQL
• Experience with development of RESTful and/or gRPC APIs
• Experience with server optimizations, focusing on architecture that provides low latency and scalable solutions
• Knowledge of industry-supported metrics capturing and monitoring solutions
• Prior work with building and maintaining CI/CD pipeline solutions
• Familiarity with writing and running load testing scripts with tooling such as K6
• Knowledge of Server Side Rendering app technologies such as NextJS a bonus
• Previous experience working within the agile development methodology and closely collaborating among various teams across an organization
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8zb39-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.