The Devices & Digital Rights Management Team owns the services and APIs that enable the game play and video playback experiences on different generations of PlayStation consoles, including our flagship console, the PS5. We work on the backend support of multiple features that have high impact and will delight our customers, while modernizing
our technology stack for improved scalability, observability and resilience. We encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
As a Software Engineer II, you will work on highly scalable systems, develop distributed services, and maintain existing ones, making sure that they are built in such a way that can support the millions of active users in our platform. You will work with our world-class team of engineers to enable new functionality. As well as interact with other engineering teams across the organization to implement requirements for new features with high quality and meeting our non-functional requirements.
• Implement interactive web-based services using industry leading technology, in a way that supports millions of active users.
• Maintain ongoing operational ownership of components deployed to the production environment.
• Develop and maintain tools using Java and other industry relevant languages.
• Perform unit testing and bug fixing, create and maintain internal tests and maintain internal and external documentation.
• Develop AWS based systems using managed services.
• Partner with performance and operations teams to develop high performance software.
• Assist on the analysis of complex systems to uncover issues, root causes and points of improvement.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
• 3+ years large scale programming and systems experience, on Linux/Unix, preferably in Java.
• Experience working with source management system platforms such as Git in a team environment.
• Experience with Cloud technologies and platforms, such as AWS.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and verbal and written communications skills.
• Desire to build, collaborate and develop strong and positive team relationships.
• Able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
• Attention to detail and strong work ethic.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$127,400 - $191,000 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3b7b4-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.