Software Development Engineer in Test (Contract)
Do you have a passion for test-driven development and automation? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help build? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.
• Building and setting up Test Automation frameworks to test PlayStation console features.
• Testing of complex projects across multiple teams.
• Evaluates gaps in Testing and drives solutions to write high-quality automation to increase Test coverage.
• Partners with developers to ensure test coverage and build test plans that help deliver high-quality features.
• Writes automation scripts for features with key characteristics of stability and maintainability which prevents regressions in the product code.
• Build automation infrastructure to create CI Pipelines, enable automation runs, and develop visualization tools.
• Passionate about quality and strives to improve processes, proposes standard methodologies, and drives their usage within the teams.
• Mentors the team and provides technical leadership by reviewing test plans, automation scripts, and providing feedback.
• Communicates on testing strategy, technical subjects related to testing frameworks, and collaborates with the globally distributed teams to achieve the business goals.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge.
• At least four years or equivalent experience in UI automation for web applications.
• Significant experience with Object-Oriented Programming.
• Experience with version control solutions (both centralized and distributed)
• Experience with configuring CI pipelines, preferably using Jenkins
• Experience with at least one modern web application framework such as Angular/Ember.js/React
• Experience writing code in Python
• Experience with Selenium or Appium
• Familiar with the Page Object Pattern
• Experience creating testing frameworks
• Experience with asynchronous programming and Promises
• Experience with React Native
• Experience developing or testing mobiles devices
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethics
• Able to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
• A passion for writing robust code
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb73wy-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.