Senior Software Engineer, Payments
San Mateo, CA
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Consider mid to senior level professional experience.
Would you like to influence the most successful gaming platform of all time? Does it interest you to analyze and test the technology used to build our games? The technology you will test here is used by every PlayStation developer around the globe.
Sony PlayStation's R&D group is looking for a creative engineer who would love to learn PlayStation SDKs and verify sophisticated core software libraries used to construct PlayStation games. These software libraries provide the real-world graphics, audio, networking (and more) featured in the console games of tomorrow. If this is you, please apply!
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be directly contributing to PlayStation technology by constructing new tests and tools to better analyze the systems and libraries in the PlayStation SDK ecosystem.
• Develop test cases for PlayStation® SDK libraries, including test codes to verify features and test tools to verify different components within.
• Use Python to build and improve test infrastructure.
• Develop, maintain, and improve the testing tools and frameworks used for ensuring high quality PlayStation® SDK components.
• Research new tools for building and analyzing PlayStation® software.
• Make test plans, samples, and documentation together with our software production, documentation, and remote offshore engineering teams.
• Collaborate with global teams.
• Possess a min. 2 years' experience professionally programming with both C++ and Python.
• Proficient in using MS Visual Studio.
• Familiar with Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
• Experience building and running software in both Windows and Linux environments.
• Having an interest and experience in crafting automation code by using Python.
• Experience with different version control systems ex: Git, SVN, Perforce.
• Knowledge of software engineering and software testing methodologies.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent (MS CS is preferable)
• Develop and debug tools experience on both Linux and Windows.
• Prior experience with PlayStation® development.
• Writing unit and integration tests.
• Familiarity with Unreal, Unity, or other game engine technology.
LinkedIn Job Wrapper:
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.