Software Development Engineer in Test (Contract)
San Francisco, CA
Do you have a passion for software quality? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real passion for the products you help build? At PlayStation, we are looking for QA engineers to join a global initiative in robust automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both collaboration and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers. We strive to be at the forefront of development technologies and are a diverse company with developers on four continents.
We are located in San Francisco's vibrant SOMA district, within walking distance to extraordinary restaurants, museums and nightlife.
What you'll do:
• Set up test frameworks and help teams set up automation infrastructure
• Author common API's and libraries for test automation
• Work with QA teams to build, maintain, and improve automated test suites for applications on the PlayStation console
• Work with console developers to ensure that all features and bug fixes come with automated test coverage
• Collaborate with distributed teams for automation design and development
• Work with the infrastructure team to create and maintain common services such as CI pipelines
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
• At least three years or equivalent experience in sophisticated UI automation for web or native applications
• Experience developing automation frameworks and test suites
• Experience with version control solutions (both centralized and distributed)
• Experience setting up and maintaining CI systems (Jenkins preferred)
• Experience with at least one modern web application framework such as Angular/Ember.js/React
• Experience testing a non-PC device (phone/game console/set-top box, etc.)
• Significant experience with both Node.js and Python
• Experience with Selenium or Appium
• Experience with React Native
• Experience developing or writing test code for a game console
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethic
• Able to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
• A passion for robust code
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22v95-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.