Mid/Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
PlayStation is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to test systems which enable our business to craft incredible experiences on web, mobile, PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5. Ready for a rare opportunity to be part of a high-performance team, delivering high quality software, for one of the world's most recognizable brands? If you are passionate about quality, problem solving, and collaborating with teams across the globe, we believe you will be a phenomenal fit!
We build diverse teams, with members from across North America, offering opportunities to work from the following locations:
• Los Angeles, California
• San Francisco, California
• San Diego, California
• Orange County, California
• Madison, Wisconsin
• Waterloo, Ontario
• Own feature, application or library quality, define and automate test cases and evaluation criteria for testability and quality, report and verify defects
• Improve, create, and own automated testing frameworks and seek out improvements to testing strategies
• Work independently, collaborate with other members of your team, and mentor junior members
• Exercise your creative problem solving capabilities to optimize existing solutions and work with other teams to define a path forward
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent, or at least 5 years of relevant professional experience
• 3-5+ years professional automated testing experience
• Experience interacting with RESTful APIs
• Experience collaborating with multi functional partners, especially with product, design, and server teams
• Proficiency in test optimization or comparable areas within your current field
• Experience writing component-level tests for SPA frameworks such as React, Angular, Ember.js, or similar
• Experience automating tests against backend APIs
• Experience querying Relational Databases
• Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwbk02-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.