Software Development Engineer in Test
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionSoftware Development Engineer in Test, Contract
Do you have a passion for test-driven development and automation? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.
Our established team in Madison, WI is currently looking for a Contract SDET. We apply web technologies to the core user experience on the web, PlayStation®5 and beyond, which millions of customers around the world interact with daily. The ideal candidate will come from an object-oriented development background and be passionate about front end web technologies.
We employ Agile standard methodologies, use modern software development paradigms, and focus on continuous improvement in the delivery of high quality applications for our customers. This is an opportunity to be part of one of the world's most recognized brands, and to collaborate with PlayStation Engineering teams in California, Japan, and Europe.
• Own building and setting up Test Automation frameworks to test PlayStation console features.
• Drive testing of complex projects across multiple-teams and fields. Evaluates gaps in Testing and drives solutions to write high quality automation to increase Test coverage.
• Partner with developers to ensure test coverage and builds test plans that help deliver high quality features
• Write automation scripts for features with key characteristics of stability and maintainability which prevents regressions in the product code.
• Work effectively to build automation infrastructure to create CI Pipelines, enable automation runs, develop visualization tools and evangelize them with various QA teams.
• Passionate about Quality and strives to improve processes, proposes standard methodologies and drives their usage within the teams.
• Mentor other team members and provide technical leadership by reviewing test plans, automation scripts, and provide measurable feedback.
• Communicate on testing strategy, technical subjects related to testing frameworks, and collaborates effectively with the globally distributed teams to achieve the business goals.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
• At least two years or equivalent experience in UI automation for web applications
• Experience with version control solutions (both centralized and distributed)
• Experience writing command-line scripts using either Node.js or similar
• Experience developing or testing mobile apps
• Experience with at least one modern web application framework such as Angular/Ember.js/React
• Experience with Selenium or Appium
• Experience with asynchronous programming and Promises
• Experience creating testing frameworks
• Experience writing code in Python
• Familiar with the Page Object Pattern
• Experience with configuring CI pipelines such as Jenkins
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Can do attitude; yet challenges status quo
• Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethic
• Able to work quickly and productively in a fast-paced environment
• A passion for robust code
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4y1vv-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.