Software Development Engineer in Test (Contract)
Aliso Viejo, CA
Do you have a passion for test-driven development and automation? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both teamwork and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers.
This candidate will play a pivotal role in helping deliver the PlayStation Now application to consumers. This person will help build the Testing Framework for PS Now and further help integrate into the larger QA strategy as part of the PlayStation team.
PlayStation™Now is the revolutionary game streaming service that streams hundreds of PlayStation games to a variety of devices for a single subscription price. This is an opportunity to be part of one of the world's most recognizable brands, and to see your work impact millions of passionate gamers around the world.
• Create Test Plan, Test Cases and Execute them to ensure the quality of new features
• Passionate about Quality and strives to improve process, proposes best practices and drives their usage within the teams.
• Partners with developers to ensure test coverage and builds test plans that help deliver high quality features
• Develop and implement standard methodologies for test driven development, continuous build and deploy, automated testing, multi-functional end-to-end testing, including device testing, and performance testing.
• Automate tests for applications on the PlayStation console
• Set up test frameworks, and help teams set up automation infrastructure
• Work with console developers to ensure that all features and bug fixes come with automated test coverage
• Collaborate with distributed teams for cross functional automation design and development.
• Maintain and improve existing Python based automation framework
• Report, track and verify defects
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
• 3+ years of experience in building and executing test plans and test cases.
• 5+ years or equivalent experience in advanced UI automation for web/mobile applications
• Shown experience writing automated tests in Python. Java Script or any other Programming Language
• Practical experience using development and deployment tools:Git, Jenkins, Docker
• Experience with Selenium or Appium
• knowledge and experience testing APIs and Service Oriented architecture
• Experience with at least one modern web application framework, preferably React
• Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzkj23-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.