SRE as defined by SIE: https://www.sie.com/en/blog/sie-engineering-what-is-sre-and-how-it-supports-our-global-players/
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Future Technology Group
Site Reliability Engineering Manager
Aliso Viejo, CA
As a part of Sony Computer Entertainment, the Future Technology Group (FTG) is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from TVs to consoles to mobile devices and beyond.
Our Service Reliability Engineering team plays a significant role in delivering on the promise of a great cloud gaming experience to our customers. We do this by influencing design and operational decisions towards the overall stability of the gaming service.
We expect our SREs to have opinions on the state of our network, what we are doing right, and what can be improved. They are empowered to say when new features are ready for production, and work with other teams to ensure the quality of production releases. As an SRE manager, you will provide technical leadership and be able to influence decisions about the S/W engineering process as well as provide leadership in and Operational processes. In this leadership role you will be influencing the outcome of Service Delivery and S/W automation engineering.
• Build and manage a team of engineers across many time zones who work to analyze and maintain service stability by documenting policies in a 24/7/365 operation.
• Own the day-to-day health, uptime and reliability of all networks, servers, storage, and ancillary infrastructure to fulfill the mission of unyielding site stewardship.
• Work closely with multi-functional teams collaborating on negotiate requirements, specifications, schedules, quality, and technical acceptance criteria.
• Work closely with Project Management, Operational and Engineering peers to develop innovative technical solutions that meet FTG's needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability.
• Identify tactical issues and emerging areas of concern.
• Develop reports and feedback to inform technical solutions that meet design needs.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred.
• Proven experience managing an operations organization in a 24/7 global infrastructure as well as a record of individual technical achievements.
• A strong background in Internet service deployments and a deep understanding of Linux and Internet technologies.
• A natural team leader who can motivate and encourage personal advancement.
• Excellent project management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced and hectic work environment.
• Capable of technical deep dives into code, networking, systems, and storage with very experienced engineers.
• Capable of leading a discussion with executive management.
• Demonstrated experience in network and large-scale Linux system troubleshooting and maintenance practices.
• Must be willing to travel to domestic and international datacenters and office locations.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb5v7y-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.