Site Reliability Engineer
San Diego, CA
Would you like to be part of a team driving innovation and leading change across PlayStation? If so, now is an exciting time to join SIE's CICD Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team. SREs operate right at the intersection of Software Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering. The team is part of the PlayStation Network, striving to deliver a highly reliable, scalable, operable, and secure platform, continuing to make PlayStation a great place to work and play.
We're looking for an experienced engineer who enjoys both software development and system engineering/operations. Ideal candidates are professionals at designing, building, deploying and operating cloud infrastructure and CICD at scale, with hands-on experience working with distributed systems and 'illities'' of the services to promote uptime, speed and security at all phases of the software lifecycle on a global scale.
• Container and cluster management domain expertise with commitment to improvement (Docker, Kubernetes/EKS)
• Experience with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible or Chef
• Experience with public cloud services and deployments is a must, preferably AWS
• Experience with continuous Integration, continuous delivery/deployment tools like Spinnaker, Jenkins, Bamboo, or similar
• Knowledge of the software development lifecycle. Experience integrating Open Source tools
• Proven track record of solving complex issues in an enterprise, distributed-services ecosystem
• Experienced user of one or more source code management tools, preferably Git
• Security-minded, with experience providing secure CICD solutions meeting PCI/SOX requirements
• Strong belief in driving operational excellence while owning efficiency and automation at the core of operations
Additional experience with Python, Java, Go, and building and maintaining infrastructure for micro services is highly desirable.
Required Soft Skills:
• Methodical and detailed problem-solving approach
• Complete ownership of end to end solutions and their life cycles
• Execution oriented and results driven
• Customer and peer relationship focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
• Ability to learn new skills/technologies quickly and independently
• Passionate about automating and improving everything including process improvements, standardizing tools and technologies!
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 2+ years professional Site Reliability experience operating micro services at scale
• 2+ years hands-on AWS experience deploying, supporting, running applications
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyko1m-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.