Senior Character Outsource Review Artist
San Diego, CA
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts – Senior UX Designer
San Diego, CA or fully remote from USA or Canada
This is a long-term contract with staffing agency DZConneX with a high likelihood of extension.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts (PSSVA) on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to Worldwide Studios. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry's best minds and companies.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will work to define user workflow and interface for new and existing internal and external software applications and services. This opportunity allows you to play an active role in the feedback and iteration cycle by participating in user testing to gauge the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change.
The Senior UX Designer will work closely with Engineering, Product Planning, Senior Management, and regional stakeholders located around the world throughout all stages of the product cycle.
If you are a critical thinker with an excellent visual and interaction design sense, a strong technical background, and an eye for making things better while working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
• Champion and effectively communicate design ideas using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups and prototypes in a multi-functional team environment.
• Define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and features.
• Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change.
• Ensure that the design vision is executed accurately during the development process.
• Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards and wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to optimally communicate interaction and design ideas and requirements.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Minimum BA/BS degree in design related studies is required with a portfolio demonstrating 6+ years of user experience and visual design work.
• Extensive experience in designing compelling and quality interfaces.
• Understanding and experience with User Centered Design Methodologies (UCD).
• Strong portfolio demonstrating user experience knowledge and clean visual design sense.
• Expertise using Sketch, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and/or other design/prototyping software.
• Strong writing skills to communicate clearly and concisely through technical specifications.
• Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills.
• Strong visual design skills with prior experience working within a technical environment.
• Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other devices.
• Experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages.
• Familiarity with the agile software development process.
• Knowledge of movie, music, and video game service and software industries.
• Experience in building functional prototypes and interactive elements is desired.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d97x1k-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.