***This position has the flexibility to be fully remote***
Senior Tools Programmer
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior Tools Programmer, responsible for the architecture, development, and maintenance of the production tool chain.
• Contribute to the effort to develop the technology, systems, tools, and data pipelines necessary for the production of BendStudio's games.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of advancements in the industry for game tools technologies and production pipelines, from engineering, art, and design perspectives.
• Maintain and manage communication between engineering and game production teams to enable early identification of issues and ensure that issues within direct areas of responsibility are strategically managed.
• Provide input into the architecture and implementation of toolchain systems through all phases of the game development cycle. Ensure systems are of the highest technical quality and uphold the integrity of the game's design.
• Independently undertake research prior to starting a new system or task to ensure implementation effectively meets defined goals.
• Optimize toolchain systems to full advantage of target hardware and architecture.
• Maintain a clear understanding of personal and team task lists and project milestones to ensure goals will be met from a scope, schedule or game-play perspective.
• Clearly communicate updates and concerns to the Technical Director.
• Manage requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the toolchain systems with the appropriate members of the development and production teams.
• Present complex technical issues to both programmers and other less technical team members.
• Minimum 2-4 years industry experience or related experience.
• One or more published titles.
• Up-to-date experience and knowledge of scripting languages
• B.S. in computer science, engineering or relevant curriculum.
• Excellent C/C++ skills.
• Excellent understanding of 3D math.
• Experience in a wide-range of game engine and toolchain systems (e.g., rendering pipelines, file IO, memory management, performance evaluation and tuning, input systems)
• Strong knowledge of production development tools including compilers, build tools, IDEs, source code and asset control systems, and integration with 3D editing packages.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
This is a flexible role that can be remote, with varying pay ranges based on geographic location. For example, if you are based out of Seattle, the estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$109,400 - $164,200 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reby87-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.