Senior Technical Engineering Manager
San Diego, CA
This is a very exciting senior opportunity to join the Data Strategy & Operations function at PlayStation. We are looking for an experienced Sr. Technical Engineering Manager to lead the successful team behind PlayStation's strategic Partner Analytics engineering platform and other high visibility projects. Partner Analytics is our analytics, data and reporting portal used worldwide by PlayStation's Partner community to access data and insights on all aspects of their game, media or any asset engagement across the PlayStation Network.
This manager would lead the strategic direction of engineering as well as motivating, guiding and developing the team supporting these efforts. This role would be working with the Senior Engineering Manager based in the UK. The ideal candidate would have a track record of team leadership and developing enterprise-level business intelligence and analytics solutions, with deep experience of working across multiple business intelligence vendors. If this is you, please apply!
This role will be based in our San Diego (Rancho Bernardo) office and will be required to fit into a highly skilled globally distributed team while working with limited direct supervision.
• Lead, coach and mentor a small robust engineering team, collaborating closely with a global peer group.
• Possess deep technical knowledge of Business Intelligence solutions and a solid background in DOMO.
• Translate business-defined product requirements into strategic engineering solutions, frequently in collaboration with Product, Architecture, Engineering and other global teams.
• Innovate and drive what is possible on the engineering platform as we look to evolve the business offering.
• Assess implementation requirements and guide the discussion and evolution of the solution.
• Implement agreed upon solutions to documented business needs and provide ongoing support for those solutions.
• Assist in the evaluation of analytics vendors and products with respect to technical requirements to fill business capability needs, product maturity, and integration complexity.
• Assist in any RFP/PoC processes on any recommended analytics technologies for any relevant programmes.
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring across the team.
• Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
• Eligibility to work in the US and occasional travel to UK and Japan required.
• Fluent in English.
• 4+ years of recent DOMO experience.
• 7 to 10+ years of experience in enterprise business intelligence application architecture design and development across different vendor applications on varying infrastructure (including, but not limited to: Tableau, Looker, Qlik Sense, PowerBI, MicroStrategy, QuickSight, etc..).
• Experience of building and leading robust globally distributed engineering teams.
• Expert product and technical experience, specifically focused in enabling mixed strategic analytics and reporting methodologies, at scale and across various vendor platforms.
• Deep knowledge with at least one of the following database technologies and familiarity with the others: relational, columnar and NoSQL (i.e. Snowflake, Redshift, Netezza, MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, Vertica, MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.).
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand and set direction for complex technology integrations.
• Adept understanding of software engineering processes, system development life cycles and Agile methodology.
• Experience with a wide variety of business data domains (Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, etc.).
• Passion for turning complex data into UX focused, intuitive and performant visualizations.
• Demonstrable experience in effectively partnering with business teams to deliver their goals and outcomes.
• Must be self-motivated, responsive, professional and dedicated to customer success.
• Outstanding organizational, presentation, and communication skills – both verbal and written.
• Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience • Results oriented with solid attention to detail.
• Experience with or exposure to scripting and big data technologies (Java, Python, R, etc.).
• Experience working with real-time event stream data feeds (Kafka, MQ, Kinesis, MuleSoft Anypoint, etc.).
• Exposure to Data Science, Data Modeling and analytics methodologies and patterns..
• AWS development experience and certification (preferably AWS Big Data Specialty).
• Experience with statistical methodologies.
• Product Owner experience.
• Japanese language proficiency and working experience are strongly preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wep1-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.