Senior Technical Buyer – Network Hardware at Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device.
As a Senior Technical Buyer focused on network hardware, you can handle all aspects of the procurement process for the Future Technology Group within SIE. You enjoy facing new challenges and the sense of accomplishment from tackling them. Never a dull day, a balanced mix of projects ensures that the work is both challenging and fast paced.
• Manage sourcing activities for hardware, software, and professional services with specialized focus on network hardware (e.g., routing, switching, NICs, etc)
• Issue and manage purchase orders and supplier material schedules. Improve lead times as needed.
• Supplier engagement: Lead and coordinate all procurement efforts to identify, survey, audit, assess and qualify new suppliers.
• Contract Strategy and Execution: Lead the business negotiation process with external suppliers. Own contract initiation and closure.
• Develop a comprehensive procurement strategy focused on the network hardware ecosystem: hardware, service, licensing, support.
• Work with internal partners and key suppliers to improve efficiencies, tracking and pricing specific to network hardware service, support, and licensing engagements.
• RFx Services: Own and lead the supplier interface for all RFI, RFP and RFQ services. Partner with appropriate internal teams.
• Competitive Benchmarking: Identify key benchmark suppliers in RFx efforts. Partner to identify evaluation criteria and provide relevant data back to internal team.
• SLA Performance: Continuously measure and improve supplier actual performance against mutually agreed SLA.
• Cost Modeling: Ensure best in class pricing and terms are secured for equipment and services. Build should-cost models when appropriate.
• Preferred Suppliers: Identify, qualify, and formalize which suppliers are on FTG's preferred supplier list. Ensure internal partner alignment.
• Supplier Development & Management: Lead business review process to measure, analyze and identify points of strength and weakness with regards to supplier performance. Issue supplier corrective action requests and development plans, as needed.
• Drive continuous improvement of supplier performance (e.g. cost, terms, quality, timely delivery).
• Review supplier roadmaps regularly to ensure alignment with SIE initiatives, drive changes as needed.
• Communicate authoritatively and actively with all partners throughout the project lifecycle.
• Perform market, supplier, and commodity analysis on an ongoing basis.
• Be the sourcing subject matter authority helping to identify and demonstrate best practices in the realms of procurement, supplier management and category management.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Experience sourcing and a technical understanding of networking hardware
• BA/BS or equivalent with 7+ years of relevant experience.
• Ability to quickly absorb and apply relevant technical information
• Deep knowledge of network hardware markets and experience working with key suppliers therein (e.g., Juniper, Palo Alto, Arista, etc)
• Experience with creation and improvement of business processes and documentation
• Ability to alternate seamlessly between tactical and strategic work
• Proven success in contract negotiation relative to commodities, equipment, and software. Analytical and results focused.
• Prior experience in the cloud industry, computer hardware or related field is desired.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$114,900 - $172,300 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz82o2-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.