Senior Technical Artist
San Diego, CA
This is an 12 month temporary position through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
PlayStation's Visual Arts Group provides world-class content, development and services to Worldwide Studios. We offer a full-service production studio with an emphasis in art and animation, as well as previsualization, cinematics, character creation, motion capture, software development, and face/body scanning, tracking and solving.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Artist to join our San Diego, California development team where you will be responsible for setting up and maintaining the technical pipeline on all projects, writing tools for artists for a variety of software package, solve technical issues that arise, and ensure quality of the final product. You will work with both our art and engineering teams to provide communication and cohesion between the groups.
If you have the experience and understanding of visual effects pipelines, Autodesk Maya software, and python programming skills we want to hear from you!
• Understanding and maintaining project pipelines.
• Learning and supporting varying client working environments, assets, and tools.
• Writing, maintaining and customizing internal tools for production team.
• Solving problems in pipeline and for individuals on as-needed basis.
• Building and maintaining technical documentation.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• 6+ years in a branch of visual effects (film, game dev, tv, etc).
• Excellent knowledge of Maya and experience developing Maya tools in Python.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to creatively problem solve.
• PyQt/PySide experience.
• Knowledge of or experience with game engines such as Unreal, Unity, or proprietary engines.
Nice to Have:
• General knowledge of Maya rigging.
• Experience with programming languages, especially C++.
• Experience developing or maintaining system environments.
• Experiencing developing or maintaining project pipeline tools.
• Experience with perforce and/or git.
• Experience with project management and tracking software (such as Shotgun and Jira).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2213y-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.