Senior Staff Brand Manager
San Mateo, CA
We are looking to hire a Senior Staff Brand Manager to support our exclusive games developed by PlayStation Studios. Reporting directly into the Group Manager, Global Brand Marketing, this role will work closely with a team of global marketers and partner with development studios to craft the brand and global go-to-market marketing strategy for several high-profile game titles!
Marketing and Brand Strategy
• Define global brand and product strategy, including positioning, unique selling points, and go-to-market approach based on strategic target audiences, market, and player insights.
• Lead global cross-functional teams, responsible for pulling together comprehensive global business results for their portfolio.
• Develop best-in-class live service strategy, including always-on, content strategy for Games as a Service.
• Accountable for the success of the global marketing campaign.
• Ensure consistent representation of brands global activations while overseeing tactical execution on global campaigns for multiple titles.
• Manage internal creative teams and external agencies to deliver key marketing and creative assets and programs while ensuring alignment across multiple partners.
• Collaborate with development studios to develop product marketing strategy for game titles, including resolving appropriate target audiences, business models (financial models and/or monetization strategies), launch timing, and product/service feature sets.
• Ensure consumer insights are provided during the development of games through world-class qualitative and quantitative research.
• Financial responsibility for marketing strategies, initiatives and advertising related efforts for franchises.
• Manage global marketing budget for portfolio of titles.
• Deep understanding of and experience working on AAA Games, platform experience a plus.
• Demonstrated record of success in developing high impact global consumer strategies, mass market marketing campaigns, brand marketing, and direct to consumer performance-based marketing, for a portfolio of games/services.
• Having broad experience and understanding of all facets of the marketing discipline including consumer insights, product positioning, consumer promotions, online innovation and creative development.
• Comprehensive understanding of the full live services marketing funnel, including acquisition, retention, and monetization.
• Experience with digital product offerings on mobile and PC platforms, a plus.
• Ability of influencing and engaging external and internal partners in a franchise brand vision.
• Experience partnering with licensors and working on licensed IP games.
• Extensive knowledge of and a passion for video games is a huge plus!
• 10+ years of product and brand marketing.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent (MBA a plus)
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz6kk3-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.