Senior Software Engineering Manager
Location: San Diego, CA (Rancho Bernardo)
Our engineering team is building the experiences that make PlayStation the number one destination for gaming! With your strong acumen and technical skills, you will lead a team of 5 engineers in California and provide work direction for 15+ engineering team members in Sony India. You will also work closely with product management, QA, and operations to deliver our products.
• Leading, mentoring, and inspiring a team of mid-level to senior engineers to deliver highly available, globally distributed cloud based applications
• Effectively own the delivery of a key experience on PlayStation that meets product specifications and delights our players
• Provide some hands-on development assistance to the team across all phases of development
• Owns uptime and availability of micro services under their direction, including providing and handling tier-2 support
• Represent the team in planning and product meetings
• 5-7+ years of experience in an engineering management role
• Experience managing web services development including hands on experience with Java, Big Data/NoSQL and AWS technologies
• Experience overseeing web-based tooling development using React, Node.js
• Extensive experience with agile development methodologies and processes required
• Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams
• Be able to travel on an as-needed basis to meet with collaborating teams
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-room04-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.