Senior Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA
Senior Software Engineer (Audio)
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
PlayStation is seeking a software engineer to join our Audio Technology team. This team is responsible for providing the entire audio pipeline from authoring tools to game-runtime to low level synthesizer. Our team works closely with AAA developers like Naughty Dog, Guerrilla Games, etc. to drive the future of PlayStation audio. This is a unique opportunity to be part of all aspects of AAA game audio development and help define the next-generation of game audio. If this is you please apply!
• Design and implement runtime systems and tools for our customer's needs (such as propagation, streaming, performance, and so on)
• Support sound designers in their use of these systems and tools
• Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
• Profile and performance tune code to remove bottlenecks
• Support and extend audio workflows and pipelines
• Test and document code produced
• Min. 5 years professional programming experience with expertise in C/C++ and any C# is a plus
• Prior work with a game engine: Unreal, Frostbite, Unity, or any AAA proprietary game engine
• Exposure to game audio systems, game audio content creation or music production, etc.
• Proficiency in linear algebra
• Passion and initiative
• Generalist with proven code architecture skill
• Excellent spoken and written communication
• Able and motivated to work with other team members
• Dedication to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
• Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering and equivalent experience
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.