Senior Software Engineer, XR Research
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Sony PlayStation's R&D team builds many of the technologies that allow new ways for gamers to experience extraordinary interactive content. Our group develops technology contributions for platform level products like PlayStationVR.
We seek an experienced software engineer to research, discover and develop concepts and prototypes and bring these new technologies into production. Here, you will be central to our global efforts in introducing PlayStation's new AR and VR concepts. Your efforts will provide new ways of user interaction within the high-volume production of state-of-the-art XR peripherals sold globally. If this is you, please apply!
• Conduct research and development of new AR and VR concepts, including Example Applications, Games and User Experiences
• Adapt to middleware game engines like Unreal Engine, Unity, etc.
• Working multi-functionally with other groups (graphics, hardware and algorithms/ML) to build a common vision
• Lead and maintain their own projects, including scheduling and reporting on progress
• Experience programming with C++ and scripting languages such as C#, Python, LUA, etc.
• Min. of 4 years professional experience developing interactive entertainment projects
• Knowledge of 3D development and experience with Game engine middleware (Unity, Unreal Engine, etc.) or custom-built Game engines
• Professional level understanding of 3D math
• Experience with Graphics processes and development (Writing Shaders, etc)
• Good understanding of Augmented and Virtual Reality products, technologies, and concepts
• Self-motivated with an ability to take initiative
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• A passion for games and game technologies
• Ability to work well within a team environment for integration and final delivery
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar field
Nice to Have:
• Experience of shipping a game on any platform
• Some console programming experience
• Familiarity with 3D modeling and CAD software (Maya, etc)
• Some knowledge and experience with using hardware components and building micro-electronics projects related to communications, tracking and display systems
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d222zy-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.