Senior Software Engineer
Remote / Virtual
PlayStation is the leading entertainment platform with 80 million daily active users in over 90 countries!
Our network platform enables users to:
• Buy and Play the most exclusive games on the device
• Stream and Play the best game titles online and enjoy the other platform games on PlayStation 4 online
• Watch live stream events, movies and TV
• Use the Social features to share and play among friends
• Use the third party applications for entertainment
Payments Engineering division provides a linear scale, highly available, fault-tolerant, globally distributed commerce service platform. We design highly scalable software application systems and implement tests for application quality, performance and scalability. Our mission is to provide the highest level of performance and reliability for our customers. We work on the network services platform, including existing and new services supporting customer growth on the platform.
About the Job
• Develop distributed services, collaborate with product managers, architects, engineers, and operations team members to build payment platform solutions.
• End-to-end feature development all the way through the middleware and backend platform
• Work with our existing technologies both backend and infrastructure and support existing services
• Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
• Coordinate software system installations and monitor equipment function to ensure specifications are met.
• Participate in design and code reviews, identify and communicate best development practices.
• Experiment with technologies, solving the problems of scaling, latencies while keeping a check on cost and quality.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent.
• 5+ years of experience building distributed and scalable software, using Java, Python, C++ or similar languages.
• Passionate about new development from scratch at the same rate as keeping the revenue coming by maintaining existing services.
• Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment processes.
• You have knowledge of different data storage technologies like MySQL, Oracle, DynamoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase etc.
• Understanding of virtualization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
• Proven understanding of public cloud design like AWS or GCE.
• Familiar with tools such as Datadog, Splunk, Jenkins, JIRA, etc.
• Ability to influence and impact multiple teams. You are extremely proactive and keep relevant people in the loop.
• Understanding of service-oriented architecture and familiarity with microservices architecture.
• Demonstrated success in partnering with key stakeholders in previous roles.
• Not afraid to challenge status quo and think creatively!
• Communication is your strong suit: in code, in email, and face-to-face.
• You get things done with minimum supervision.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwn8jk-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.