Senior Software Engineer
Remote / Virtual
This is a technical leadership position with Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) platform engineering organization to establish a highly available, fault-tolerant, globally distributed data platform and services. The next generation platform serves the global, fast growing PlayStation Network customer base. This key role will lead the technology transformation of the network platform including existing and new services supporting the spectacular customer growth on the platform.
Let's talk, if:
• You are passionate about making distributed systems better and have a steadfast thirst to keep learning.
• You have deep expertise in system engineering and have successfully improved the performance of the software stack.
• You can solve complicated issues
• You have implemented thorough standard methodologies for measuring, understanding, predicting, and improving enterprise grade systems (even better if they happen to be Data oriented).
• You know how to build positive relationship with Architects to influence technology decisions.
• You have contributed to a development community establishing and influencing quality engineering standard methodologies across the development community.
The position requires partnering across Product Management, Architects, Engineering, Hosting and Operations. Position requires extensive hands-on technical expertise coupled with ingenuity, eCommerce platform domain expertise, associated technology product knowledge, broad industry knowledge and excellent communication skills.
Performs a key role in the evolution of a highly performant data platform and associated services, applying industry standards and implementation to enable highly available, active-active, extensible data services for the SIE platform
Plays a senior role in design, development and quality, working closely with engineering and quality teams.
Works with Product and Operations teams to drive quality; including performance testing strategy and initiatives, define workflows and performance requirements. Develops test scripts and scenarios to meet these requirements.
Participates in product roadmap discussions and identify key areas for improvement in the product and incorporates these goals into ongoing & future development initiatives.
• BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years' experience in software development, experienced level of Java programming, design, and analysis.
• Experience delivering high performance, active-active, scalable services (Enterprise Java/J2EE, Web Services, NoSQL).
• Track record monitoring and analyzing system performance, isolating issues or bottlenecks that could impact reliability, performance and scalability.
• Proven understanding of SQL and NoSQL programming (Oracle, Cassandra, AeroSpike, DynamoDB or similar) including both relational database schema designs and schema-less systems.
• Hands-on experience in Amazon Web Services, at enterprise scale is required including familiarity with DynamoDB, EKS, and other AWS services.
• Experience executing performance testing and/or development efforts for a complex, high throughput system.
• Solid understanding of the path(s) customer requests take from web browser to backend.
• Extensive experience with agile development methodologies and test-driven development processes required.
• Must possess the drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
• Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote teams.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6p2mq-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.