Full Time Job
Senior Software Engineer
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts and PlayStation Studios Malaysia are both passionate teams within the PlayStation family, made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world.
Always at the cutting edge of technology, the teams work with studios like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bend Studios, SuckerPunch, San Diego Studio, Japan Studios, and more PlayStation first-party teams, providing world-class content development and services to these studios.
The Technical Art and Engineering team in PlayStation Studios Malaysia is for Senior Software Engineers to join our development team. This role requires proficiency in a least one core programming languages, familiarity with visual effects pipelines and digital content creation tools, strong software design skills, and a dedication to writing robust and maintainable code. The engineer will be responsible for the development and support of an array of studio tools encompassing our production pipeline, motion-capture and facial animation systems, and tools for creating 3D game content. The position requires collaboration with other engineers, our project management team, and the different artist teams being supported.
On the server side, our production pipeline is a suite of proprietary micro-services that handle asset and workflow management, artist tasking, environment management, render farm and automation coordination, push notifications, and more. On the client side, there are a variety of graphical tools for artists and technical users, some of which function as standalone interfaces while others are integrated into the content creation tools the teams use.
• Possess a bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent programs.
• A minimum of 7+ years of writing pipeline tools in the Visuals Effects or Gaming industry.
• Experience deploying pipelines on multiple operating systems.
• Advanced programming knowledge in C++ or Python.
• Knowledge of user interface design with the Qt/PyQt/Pyside toolkit.
• Proven ability to deliver high-quality software in a production environment.
• Experience with continuous integration systems, preferably Jenkins.
• Experience with a JVM language, preferably Scala.
• Experience with NoSQL databases, preferably MongoDB.
• Knowledge of the Autodesk Maya and Motion Builder Python APIs.
• Low-level hardware development experience on OS X or Linux.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnm4ok-35-172-224-102-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.