Aliso Viejo, CA
Senior Software Engineer (Linux Kernel)
Sony Interactive Entertainment's Cloud Gaming Engineering and Infrastructure (CGEI) division is leading the Cloud Gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from TVs to consoles to mobile devices and beyond.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing new Linux kernel drivers and features for servers and embedded hardware. You have a broad knowledge on Linux / BSD in addition to hardware technology including: CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs, storage and network. This role provides a healthy mix of production and R&D projects that ensures work is both fast-paced and rewarding.
Our ideal candidate is an engineer who enjoys facing new challenges and the sense of accomplishment from tackling them.
• Develop and maintain Linux kernel drivers and features.
• Development of low-level userspace software.
• Troubleshooting performance and reliability issues at a global scale.
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or 10 years of relevant work experience.
• 5+ years of relevant programming experience in C/C++.
• 5+ years of experience in low-level Linux / BSD userspace and kernel development.
• Active contributor to Linux or BSD.
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
• Deep knowledge of Linux and FreeBSD kernel and user space.
• Contributing patches to the upstream Linux kernel.
• Git version control.
• Understanding of computer architecture, interconnects, FPGAs and storage technology.
• Understanding of hardware and software architectures for AI and machine learning.
• Experience developing device drivers and software for server and embedded systems.
• Experience building and troubleshooting high-performance systems, resilient to significant load.
• Experience configuring and deploying container technology.
• Experience with Japanese language and culture is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0ybyj-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.