Senior Software Engineer - Big Data - San Francisco, CA
This is a Senior Software Engineer role with technical leadership responsibilities in the Data Platform Engineering group, responsible for development of PlayStation Network's Data Platform and Analytics solutions. We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer with a strong background in AWS, software development, and automation skills to build outstanding scalable, highly available data warehouse solutions to enable our fast-growing business through data and insights.
• You will play a senior role in design, development, automation, and quality related solutions, working closely with teams across PlayStation.
• This position requires extensive hands-on technical domain expertise in data infrastructure within the AWS ecosystem, along with excellent communication skills.
• Join a team building data and software solutions to reshape the platform so that it can easily be consumed in real-time as well as batch.
• You will participate in product road-map discussions and identify key areas for improvement.
• Mentor junior engineers to ensure we all deliver awesome!
• BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years experience in software development using Java, Scala or Python programming, design, and analysis.
• Experience with distributed processing systems such as Apache Spark.
• Experience in distributed Database technology such as Redshift/Snowflake,
• Experience with AWS Big Data technologies such as Kinesis, Lambda, Firehose, Dynamo DB, Athena/Presto.
• Experience delivering high performance, active-active, scalable services.
• Strong foundation in data engineering, data structures and software design.
• Possess the drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite, and motivate other team members.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0n3j1-3-236-239-91-42 in your application.