Technical Project Manager
San Diego, CA
It is an exciting time to be part of SIE's CICD and Cloud Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team. SREs operate right at the intersection of Software Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering. The SRE team strives to make PlayStation highly reliable, scalable, operable and secure throughout the entire platform.
As a member of the CICD and Cloud Reliability team you'll work at the heart of the PlayStation Network to make sure we have a high-performing platform that is also highly available and highly reliable. You will be part of a team that is execution-oriented, results-driven, and which enables service development by designing, building, deploying and operating cloud infrastructure and CICD services at scale. You'll also be able to exercise your troubleshooting skills with the opportunity to zoom in on anything from code issues to packet loss in the network.
• Work as part of a team on container and cluster design, configuration, and management using Docker and EKS
• Hands on delivery of infrastructure as code via CICD pipelines for AWS resource delivery and operations
• Solving complex, enterprise-level issues
• Collaboration across multiple teams of engineers to identify areas for improvement and developing automated tools to drive operational excellence
• Analyzing cloud service utilization and efficiency, then providing solutions to improve while controlling costs
• Constantly identifying the problems faced by our internal teams, then learning new technologies to tackle those problems while evolving our ecosystem
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 5+ years professional Site Reliability experience in an enterprise environment
• 3+ years hands-on AWS experience deploying, supporting, managing infrastructure as code and CICD pipelines
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and in particular EKS
• Hands-on use of automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible or Chef with obsessive desire to automate
• Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery tools like Spinnaker, Jenkins
• Strong development experience in one of these languages – Python, Go or Perl
• Experienced user of one or more source code management tools, preferably Git
• Customer and peer relationship focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to partner across teams to inspire change
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.