Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Diego, CA
At PlayStation, we are obsessed with providing customers a seamless experience in our platform both inside and outside the game. We have recently launched PlayStation Direct, an online store where PlayStation fans can purchase consoles, accessories, games and more, directly from PlayStation. As we continue to build and expand this online platform for physical goods, we are looking for an experienced Senior Site Reliability Engineer who will help evolve processes, tooling, and the platform's reliability and availability. You have an entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for people, process, and technology.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will
• Own the production environment and infrastructure. Adopt and apply SRE best practices.
• Implement the facilities necessary to allow engineering teams to perform progressive rollouts (blue/green, canary, dark launch, etc.) of new versions of software applications.
• Identify areas for process automation, and develop automated scripts and tools for regular operational activities.
• Review platform architecture to influence resiliency and high availability for our services.
• Conduct, document and present root cause analysis documents to share insights with the broader organization.
• Implement monitoring facilities to perform active monitoring of infrastructure, CI/CD ecosystem, and application.
• Iteratively ensure the operational readiness of services before introducing them to pre-production and production environments.
• Provide rotational on-call support where you'll respond, investigate and resolve production incidents.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge.
• Recent 5+ years of hands-on experience as SRE in a large enterprise environment supporting consumer facing commerce applications and site.
• Recent 5+ years of hands-on experience in Java programming and shell scripting
• Recent 5+ years of hands-on experience in API validation
• Experience working in agile/scrum environments
• Good communicator, both written and verbal.
• Proficient with git and git workflows and in leveraging CI and CD tools to automate build and release process
• Solid understanding of networking systems and protocols
• Experience in supporting highly scalable and available systems
• Experience in web/eCommerce application software development
• Experience with RUM and Synthetic Monitoring
• Experience with Akamai WAF and BMP
• Prior software development or support engineering experience on AEM and/or SAP Commerce Cloud is a huge plus
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.