Software Engineering Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Los Angeles, CA
Senior R&D Engineer, Facial / Human Realism Technology
Open to remote or onsite at Los Angeles, CA or San Diego, CA
The Sony PlayStation Visual Arts Service Group (VASG) provides content, development, and services to Sony Game Studios. Our team is passionate about crafting the next generation of digital humans. We've been pushing the limits of realistic humans in games for the last 15 years and are at the forefront of the newest technology in gaming.
We seek research engineers in the field of Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Advanced Computer Graphics to help develop solutions that will advance our facial performance capture. If you're ready to join an elite R&D team working on the future technology of AAA games like Uncharted, God of War, Spider-Man, and more, please apply!
• Develop functional prototypes to advance production technology and tools for human performance capture i.e. character creation, motion capture, software development, facial tracking and solving, face and body scanning.
• Collaborate with Sony R&D and technology groups.
• Take prototypes from Sony R&D groups and make them into production ready tools.
• Recommend improvements to existing technology.
• Test and maintain tools to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
• Effectively communicate across multiple teams to include; R&D, Engineering, Art, Mocap, Scanning, & Animation.
• Create clear user documentation and develop functioning prototypes.
• Demonstrate high quality results using examples of real world production data.
• Min. of 5yrs professional R&D experience in Visual Effects, Animation, and/or Game industries.
• Understanding of facial (facial anatomy a plus) and human performance capture process, tools and pipelines.
• High level of problem-solving
• Research experience in computer vision, computer graphics, machine vision, or image/video processing.
• Strong math and algorithm design skills.
• Strength in C++ programming, Python, Object Oriented Design, Maya
• Sophisticated verbal and written communication skills.
• Bachelor's degree in related field. Masters or PhD a plus.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.