Role: PlayStation Studios QA – Senior Tester | San Diego, CA
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the ever-growing global QA team and be part of the PlayStation Studios family!
As a Senior Tester you will be part of QA at PlayStation Studios, working alongside our First and Second-party studio partners to bring high quality products to PlayStation, PC, and other platforms. You will bring your functional testing experience and test process expertise to our test teams and help deliver outstanding QA service to our studios. You will assist in planning and executing functional test strategies. You'll have the opportunity to help evolve testing processes and help continue to raise the bar of quality for established fan-favorite IPs, as well as brand new unannounced projects.
You'll also work alongside our title Test Leads to get the best from testing staff, both locally and globally. You will help champion our cultural leadership values to build effective and diverse teams: Communicate, Innovate, Collaborate, Include. This is your chance to make your mark and be involved in promoting the PlayStation values that have helped release some of the most exciting and innovative games out there!
What you'll be doing:
• Together with the Test Lead, act as a primary point of contact for testing activities on assigned titles, communicating clearly to the test team, developers, and production.
• Help plan, implement, and execute functional testing strategy for assigned titles.
• Assist in the creation, maintenance, and communication of functional test plans for assigned titles.
• Aid in coordinating testing of local and global test teams, both internally and with external vendors.
• Develop additional knowledge of QA services and techniques and help drive process improvement and future QA service offerings.
• Collaborate with peers and wider department teams to promote knowledge sharing and cultivate innovation within QA at PlayStation Studios.
• Support and maintain defect-tracking systems on assigned titles.
• Lead by example when it comes to bug detection, issue investigation, and reporting to help showcase the best from our testing staff.
What we are looking for:
• Passion for videogames!
• Excitement to be a part of a diverse team.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in QA Operations.
• Excellent knowledge of testing processes.
• Excellent communication, organizational, and social skills.
• Experience with JIRA or similar issue tracking systems.
Nice to Have:
• Experience with cross cultural business and remote team interaction.
• Knowledge of Development QA process.
• Excellent PlayStation platform knowledge.
• PC Games testing experience, supporting, and releasing titles across a range of platforms like Steam, Epic, Origin, GOG, etc.
• General understanding of PC/Mobile device compatibility testing.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89w3k-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.