Senior Public Relations Specialist - Hardware and Network
San Mateo, CA
The SIE Communications team is looking for a sharp PR professional to support PR strategy and execution for PlayStation hardware platforms and network services, while shaping a positive narrative for the overall PlayStation brand. Based in our San Mateo HQ, you will play a central role in communicating the company's innovation story across gaming and entertainment!
The Sr. Public Relations Specialist will be accountable for supporting daily activities within the department that are targeted at driving positive awareness of PlayStation's brand, hardware and network services, and play a key role in media and influencer relations.
The ideal candidate is a strong writer, detail-oriented and experienced fostering relationships with media and other influencers. Expertise with coordinating product launches, review programs, events, and other PR programs is required. We are seeking a great teammate who will stay on top of trends in gaming, entertainment, and technology!
• Support PR execution and strategy for hardware platforms and network services, working with key partners across a global organization on integrated communications campaigns.
• Champion and expand relationships with top-tier media and influencers to secure compelling coverage, with a particular focus on consumer and mainstream media outlets.
• Develop written materials to support media outreach, including announcements, fact sheets, messaging/Q&As, briefing backgrounders, etc.
• Manage coverage reporting and asset distribution.
• Partner with other SIE Comms team members to contribute to broader department initiatives, including events, product briefings, and other media programs.
• Complete projects with minimal direction and manage up to supervisor, as well as keep the entire Public Relations team up-to-date on key programs.
• The desired candidate will possess at least 3 years of Public Relations experience in consumer and/or tech PR.
• PR agency experience is preferred; in-house PR experience is a plus.
• Experience coordinating multiple projects and the ability to work collaboratively with others across a large global organization.
• Proven relationship-building skills with various media outlets across consumer, gaming, technology, business press, and influencers, and keeping up-to-date with the latest trends within the media landscape.
• Strong written, verbal, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills is a requirement.
• Solid background in media relations, PR writing, plan execution, event coordination, and vendor management.
• Keen interest in video games and knowledge of the gaming industry, a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in any field or equivalent.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1oxqe-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.