Valkyrie Entertainment is a video game development studio based in Seattle. Since 2002, we have worked with world-class game developers and publishers and we are a proud member of PlayStation Studios. At our studio, you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced and diverse team while contributing to a wide variety of projects and styles.
Valkyrie is currently looking for a Senior Producer to join our highly-talented team in our downtown Seattle studio to help us deliver games that are AAA-quality, exciting, and most importantly, fun!
The ideal Senior Producer will maintain and uphold the vision for our studio projects. This person will be the ''glue'' that holds our talented team of designers, artists, and engineers together to build highly entertaining game content. They are responsible for being the key point of contact on the product while maintaining all tasking, scheduling, and ensuring that our teams can meet their goals in a stable, positive environment.
• Own the production pipeline from start to finish.
• Be the project manager for the development teams using task management software and scheduling techniques that blend agile development and game content development methods.
• Craft and maintain a comprehensive project plan, schedule, scope and resource forecast for multiple disciplines along a complex production pipeline
• Work with company leadership to establish realistic expectations for timelines, estimates, and deliverables.
• Manage day-to-day production issues to allow the team to achieve the highest possible game quality. Schedule and maintain tasking of departmental and interdisciplinary teams.
• Establish and support live operations for our game title - including updates and patches, events, and content releases.
• Consistently track all issues and provide risk analysis throughout development.
• Contribute to improving the quality of our games, the productivity of our teams, and the efficiency of our processes.
• Track, coordinate and hold the team accountable for agreed-upon tasks for on-time, high-quality deliverables
• Provide motivation, direction, and improve best practices
• Manage communication between the internal development team and external parties
• Lead your production team through rigorous project planning, analytic thinking and information gathering.
• Break down multifaceted issues into workable components to guide our product from creation to launch.
• Build a welcoming, high performance team culture. Take ownership for overcoming blockers and strengthening alignment between teams.
• 5+ years of game production experience on PC, console, or mobile titles managing a small team in a diverse and fast-paced environment
• At least three (3) shipped titles on PC, console, or mobile platform
• Experience working in all game development project phases from pre-production to release and live game support
• Expert understanding of the function and relationship between the different departments of game development.
• Ability to adjust methodologies depending on the project's phase and the team's size
• Must be an emotionally-intelligent leader with Senior-level communication skills, capable of motivating and driving a team
• Ability to handle complex problems with a cool head and calm demeanor
• Previous project management experience including the adoption of agile methodologies.
• Demonstrated ability of providing results with competing and conflicting priorities.
• Experience coordinating with Quality Assurance and Localization
• Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task
• Experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel), Hansoft, JIRA, Confluence and other project tracking and bug database software
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across product development and management teams
• Experience working with high performing creative teams and demonstrated ability to partner effectively in a high pressure, collaborative environment
• Proven conflict management skills with a strength in mediation leading to resolution of risk and roadblocks
• Ability to negotiate trade-offs and build consensus around critical decisions.
• Previous experience managing, guiding and mentoring junior producers
• You have an interest or excitement about AR and mobile games.
• Experience planning and managing live operations for a game.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyyveq-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.