Senior Payroll Analyst, North America
San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE or PlayStation) seeks an experienced Payroll Analyst that will support our North American Payroll Operations. The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of hands-on operational experience supporting both the US and Canadian workforce.
This role will deliver on our 3 Pillars of Success: 1). Timely and accurate payroll processing; 2). Champion and extend our service-first approach; 3). Promote and advocate continual progression of our capabilities.
As Senior Analyst, you will utilize your strong organizational skills to manage assignments, deliver timely payroll processing, and be passionate about customer service. You will use your critical and analytical thinking skills to resolve issues and be comfortable in situations where details may be limited and/or ambiguous - realizing how the pieces of the payroll puzzle fit!
With your analytical thinking abilities and operational expertise, you will have the opportunity to create, empower and enrich a crucial part of SIE's business. In this role, your responsibilities will span across both functional and technical areas; involve various internal and external stakeholders with a focus and drive to support and deliver on the complex needs for our customers.
• Manage the SIE-Payroll Incident Management area to ensure requests and inquiries are fulfilled in accordance to defined SLAs; triage, assign and support cases from our cross-functional partners (e.g., Benefits, Leaves, Compensation), Sony divisional communities, and our employees.
• Support auditing of ''preview'' payroll registers and maintain the SIE Payroll team action items to prepare corrections/adjustments of identified variances.
• Be hands-on by supporting the team with preparing vital documentation and pay data templates for payroll transactions such as, but not limited to employee withholding, time data and check adjustments, tax withholding and garnishments.
• Continuously improve the SIE Payroll processes by realizing and develop enhancement to existing or building new solutions to prepare, audit, balance and reconcile pay data.
• Advanced skills using Excel to analyze data as well as demonstrated proficiency using the full suite of MS Office applications.
• At least 3 years of direct experience using ADP Vantage (US) and WFN (CAN).
• Minimum of 2 years experience leading an outsourced payroll environment (ADP COS experience preferred).
• Advance knowledge of time/labor and absence management concepts and practices with a minimum of 2 years of experience supporting TLA requirements elicitation.
• Sophisticated knowledge of wage and hour laws and taxability of wages – especially for California-based employees (EDD).
• Exemplary customer service skills with a genuine desire to provide exceptional customer service to our business partners and most importantly, our employees.
• Self-driven with outstanding time management skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a team setting or independently with minimal supervision.
• Experience with business process modeling; develop/document payroll process diagrams/flows, standard operating procedures, and job aids.
• Understanding of system integration and data exchange principles (source to target).
• HR IT/systems experience including Workday HCM, ADP applications: MyADP, ADP4ME, SmartCompliance, and ServiceNow CRM.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz1x6q-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.