Senior Operations Specialist - PlayStation Studios Creative
Canada - Remote
Are you passionate about building the future of games?
As a senior member of the Creative group, you will support a world-class, innovative, and award-winning team, passionate about producing industry-leading creative for AAA blockbuster games.
The Senior Operations Specialist is responsible for budgeting, planning, reporting, and billing aligned with the strategy, commitments, and goals of the organization.
The ideal team member will possess a strong accounting background with finance and project management experience in the gaming or entertainment industries. You are a meticulous detail-focused person and great creative problem-solver, with outstanding organization and communication skills.
In this role, you will partner with senior leadership, producers, and creatives, with continuous cross-departmental interaction and interfacing with various groups and teams throughout PlayStation, along with extensive external vendors and partners.
Scope & Budgeting
Scope and Budget responsibilities working with senior group leadership.
Using information from group leadership, game studios and production leads, you are responsible for generating group-level plans and budgets that consider project scopes, development schedules, staffing and resource requirements.
As a Creative group liaison with finance managers, you will capture and communicate group and project needs, scheduling requirements and budget updates, to ensure accurate entry and approval of data into financial systems and any other means of reporting.
Work with the production and management team to maintain a constant awareness and track progress across multiple projects and titles, making financial and planning corrections and updates where needed.
Regularly communicate status, effort, and budget burndowns to group stakeholders and senior management.
Manage budget and scope creep via proactive actions such as trend analysis, baseline planning and effective communication of those statuses.
Working with production leads, to assist with workflow definitions and handoffs as well as identify/remedy any production issues that affect team health and efficiency at the group level.
• Work closely with the Creative management team on budget, scope, resource management, and other related financial matters across the entire portfolio.
• Manage budget bill-backs, payments and approvals for projects, resources, and vendors.
• Oversee contract and agreement requests and fulfillment with SIE Legal and Finance teams.
• Serve as a client-facing finance liaison with key stakeholders to communicate broad project needs and changes, and to secure budget approvals.
• Maintain and track budgets and forecasts, proactively identify risks, offer solutions, and report to management.
• Build relationships across Creative Arts departments to foster a sense of community.
• Knowledge-share with other finance and production groups at SIE to build awareness, share best practices, and promote collaboration.
• A Bachelor's degree, or greater, in accounting, finance, statistics, economics, business administration, or other related fields.
• Minimum 3 years project management or finance experience.
• Strong communication skills, both speaking and listening.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Experience with creative production.
• Experience with AAA video game production.
• Working knowledge of SAP, SmartSheets, Trello, G-suite, Box and Concur.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0ey7e-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.