Senior Manager, UX Design - Monetization
San Francisco, CA
Define the future of gaming & digital content distribution on the PlayStation platform.
Are you ready to do the best work of your life? Is every project an opportunity for you to gain a deeper understanding of users and improve your abilities? Do you want to be responsible for the experience from concept through implementation? Then join us as we redefine what it means to experience content on the PlayStation® platform!
As Senior UX Design Manager, you play a key role in shaping the future of the world's largest game and content distribution platform. Located in the heart of San Francisco's SOMA district, you will partner with a cross-functional team of product managers, researchers, writers, engineers, and business partners to define where we go beyond our console experiences today. Your team will ideate and craft experiences that both delight our users no matter where they are or what device they are on.
As part of the larger SONY design community, you will be part of a global design group that respects and celebrates the value of design, design thinking and design process. Collaborate with designers both locally and globally to elevate the standard of design across the organization.
An ideal candidate possesses passion, dedication, and skills vital to deliver best-in-class products and experiences. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Partner with Product and Engineering leadership to define PlayStation's strategy on our flagship PS4/PS5 consoles as well as web and mobile.
• Create and execute design strategies based on brand guidelines, business goals, and user needs
• Hands-on design and co-create new products with your team from the ground up.
• Communicate and build consensus on a strategy across design and cross-functional teams
• Partner with UX research, content, product management and engineering to ensure alignment throughout the process
• Engage in planning and prioritization discussions to ensure appropriate resourcing
• Support growth of the design team through continuous feedback and mentorship
• Consult with external partners to ensure the PlayStation brand and UX standards are upheld
• Minimum BA/BS degree in design related studies is required; portfolio demonstrating 5+ years of interaction design, user experience, and visual design work
• Experience designing mobile, web, and PC applications
• Previous management experience with ability to set a design vision for the team and across business units
• Proven experience in developing designers and help raise the bar across design organizations
• Knowledge working within the agile software development processes
• Deep experience working within a technical environment that includes both hardware and software
• Solid understanding and/or interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, VR and other devices
• Extensive experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages
• Deep passion or knowledge of movie, television, music, and video game services
• The ability to speak, write, or understand Japanese language
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk9kwk-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.