The Environment and Climate Strategy Manager will report to The Senior Director of Environment Social and Governance.
Recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment* (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation®'s brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. As the company grows and evolves, we seek to create impact beyond gaming, inspire social change, and help preserve the planet for generations to come. SIE is now developing an exciting new multi-disciplinary Environment, Social and Governance team to help the company address its broader environmental and CSR impacts. Our purpose is to:
• Forge a path ahead on ESG, and not just follow the crowd.
• To turn our intentions into action.
• Do the right things, and do them well.
The Environmental and Climate Strategy Manager will lead our efforts to assess and address the lifecycle impacts of our products and services globally. The successful candidate will take charge of our efforts to achieve net-zero climate impacts, engage in the United Nations Playing for the Planet Initiative, spearhead state of the art academic research, and co-ordinate important voluntary environmental commitments. Based in SIE's London office, they will be in the ideal position to engage and nurture partnerships with our internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll be doing:
• Analyse new international environmental policy trends and developments, including proposed legislation, codes of practice, eco-labels and standards, and report and share findings with key environmental personnel and management.
• Engage with SIE's key external stakeholders to understand their concerns regarding environmental issues, and share SIE's progress, including policy-makers, investors, retailers, competitors, consumers, experts, and media.
• Complete carbon footprints & lifecycle assessments of SIE products and business operations (for example, to determine and plan SIE's progress on its net-zero commitments).
• Develop and manage SIE's voluntary environmental agreements and commitments with governmental bodies.
• Manage SIE's engagement with government bodies and institutions regarding policy development consultation.
• Develop and implement projects and programmes across SIE business groups to achieve SIE's environmental commitments and improvements to business operations and products.
• Report environmental progress internally and support Corporate Communications for external communications activities
• Manage the Environmental and Climate Strategy team.
What we're looking for:
• Must be qualified at a post-graduate level with a master's degree or doctorate in an appropriate environmental science of management subject.
• Must have prior demonstrable experience conducting and publishing peer-reviewed life cycle assessment studies.
• Must have at least five years of experience in a relevant environmental management position within the electronics or entertainment industry.
• The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and project management skills, with a strong command of Microsoft Office applications.
• Discretionary bonus opportunity
• Private Medical Insurance
• Dental Scheme
• London Allowance (if applicable)
• 25 days holiday per year
• On Site Gym
• Subsidised Café
• Free soft drinks
• On site bar
• Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk9b08-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.