Senior Gameplay Animator
San Diego, CA
Senior Lighting Artist
San Diego, CA
PlayStation's Visual Arts Services Group (VASG) on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to Worldwide Studios. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry's best minds and companies.
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated and creative Senior Lighting Artist for the next chapter of cinematic story-telling. Here is your chance to be a part of the multi-award winning team responsible for the cinematic performances in premier Sony PlayStation franchises like Uncharted, The Last of Us, Killzone, and other iconic series.
• Create cinematic and environmental lighting using a variety of cutting edge proprietary game engines.
• Work closely with developers to understand proprietary engine's workflows.
• Work closely with the Lighting Supervisor to understand and deliver the developer's sense of vision for the look of the game title.
• Maintain a strong knowledge of the game's design to support communication and allow better discussions.
• Actively develop and improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
• Demonstrate strong time management and prioritization skills by collaborating with the Production group to develop task lists, ensuring assignments are progressing according to schedules, milestones and overall project goals.
• 5+ years' industry or related experience.
• Experience shipping AAA published titles with current-gen game engines.
• Extensive knowledge of lighting production pipelines, tools, and systems associated with traditional, software rendering and game lighting.
• Highly refined understanding of the process of creating photo-realistic lighting including lighting theory and ratios, lenses and post processing for lens effects.
• Strong technical abilities including knowledge of PBR systems.
• Strong problem solving skills and the ability to understand complex systems.
• Extensive knowledge of Maya.
• Unreal or Unity experience highly desirable.
• Experience working in a command line environment desirable.
• Knowledge in Python scripting, C++ is a bonus.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.