IT Security Analyst
San Diego, CA
Senior Gameplay Programmer
San Diego Studio
Are you a game developer with an appetite for high quality, 3rd person, Action/Adventure games? Sony PlayStation's Visual Arts Services Group (VASG) provides extraordinary content, development and services to Worldwide Studios. We offer a full-service production studio with an emphasis in art and animation, as well as pre-visualization, cinematics, character creation, motion capture, software development, and face/body scanning, tracking and solving.
We are building a new game development team in partnership with the Visual Arts Service Group (VASG), an award-winning, full-production studio that specializes in Animation, Motion Capture, Cinematics, Art and Scanning. This extraordinary team is known for its contributions to Uncharted, Death Stranding, God of War, The Last of Us II, and more. We partner with PlayStation Studio's Naughty Dog, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studio, Sucker Punch Productions, Bend Studio, Japan Studio, Insomniac Games and more.
• Support the vision of the Sr. Design staff and artists to bring gameplay to life.
• Implement existing gameplay systems into a new framework.
• Gameplay scripting using text-based scripting tools.
• Improving existing level scripts for interaction and engagement.
• Ownership and maintenance on gameplay systems such as: Melee combat, ranged combat, gameplay cameras, player navigation, etc.
• General troubleshooting with technical aspects of the Design pipeline.
• Contribute to the design process of gameplay features.
• Prototyping and refining gameplay features.
• Strength programming with C++.
• Detailed understanding of 3D math.
• Exposure to programming and scripting languages such as Python, LUA, C#, etc.
• Strong and effective communication skills.
• Self-motivated with an ability to take initiative.
• Strong problem-solving ability, and a keen eye for details.
• A passion for playing and developing outstanding games.
• B.S. in computer science, and 5+ year's professional experience.
• Experience shipping a 3rd person action game.
• Console programming experience
• Familiarity with Lisp programming language
• Maya experience
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.