Senior Lighting Artist
San Diego, CA
Senior Gameplay Animator
San Diego, CA
This is a contracted position through Yoh Staffing.
Are you an experienced game developer with an appetite for high quality, 3rd person, Action/Adventure games? Do you enjoy PlayStation's library of games and their top-tier studios? Then this is the opportunity for you!
PlayStation's Visual Arts Service Group (VASG), an award-winning, full-production studio that specializes in Animation, Motion Capture, Cinematics, Art and Scanning is looking for animation professionals skilled with in-game animation. We are the same world-class team known for its contributions to beloved franchises like Uncharted, Death Stranding, The Last of Us, God of War and more. For more than a decade, we have shared knowledge, support and cutting-edge techniques with the very best developers in the industry: Naughty Dog, Kojima Productions, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studios, Sucker Punch Productions, Bend Studio, Japan Studio, Insomniac Games and more.
This high visibility project is being developed in collaboration with a major Sony development studio. Though currently unannounced, we have a clear vision and plan to release. Our animation team will maximize our existing expertise and world-class talent, guaranteeing a high visual quality bar for the title.
• Animate and integrate player and NPC animations sets.
• Work with technical artists building animation state trees.
• Work with designers and other animators to help implement a pipeline for interactive gameplay moments using unique and shared animations.
• Collaborate across disciplines to get work done and clear dependencies.
• Work directly with artists, programmers, designers and other animators to contribute to the vision of the game.
• Additional responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
• 5+ years of animation experience in either single or multiplayer 3D action games.
• Technical proficiency, setting up and adding to animation trees.
• Experience implementing and fine-tuning melee and ranged combat systems for console.
• Experience with creating and polishing player and NPC animations.
• Strong and effective communication skills.
• Ability to focus and work without micro-management while adhering to schedules.
• Console development experience.
• A shipped AAA title.
• Previous experience shipping a 3rdperson action game.
• Ability to work without a Technical Artist to implement animation trees and blends.
• MEL scripting
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.