Senior Gameplay Animator (Contract)
Senior Gameplay Animator
This is a long term contract with high possibility of extension through our staffing partner Eastridge.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts (PSSVA) is primarily located in San Diego. While our campus provides world-class content, development, and services to PlayStation Studios, we also accommodate remote positions within the U.S and Canada. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry's best minds and companies.
We are looking for a Senior Gameplay Animator who is highly proficient in in-game animation, in-game cinematics, and working in engine. This person needs to be organized, strategic, and thoughtful in all interactions.
Our Senior Gameplay Animators are dedicated, focused, and self-motivated to produce high-quality animation.
• Understand processes, workflows, and toolsets, used to create in-game animation.
• Create AAA quality animation according to the direction of the supervisor while adhering to metric and schedule.
• Effectively communicate with supervisors, management, production, and staff daily.
• Address feedback and notes on all work to the best of their ability.
• Animate and integrate player and NPC animation sets.
• Work with technical artists building animation state trees.
• Share tips and creative solutions for animation best practices.
• Be present with all renders and notes prepared for Lead and Supervisor reviews.
• Have a full understanding of all animation tools being used on the project – both internally and client-developed.
• Set example for the team with a solid work ethic.
• Identify potential risks to delivery timelines.
• Train and acclimate new animators to the team.
• Minimum of 5 years of animation experience with either single or multiplayer 3D games.
• Expert knowledge of Maya.
• Technical proficiency, setting up and adding to animation trees.
• Has worked directly in game-engine builds or Devkits.
• Knowledge of aesthetics of character animation and movement.
• Knowledge of pipelines, workflows, and toolsets used in key frame and motion capture animation.
• Flexibility to handle changes in direction, yet work within defined procedures.
• Strong and effective communication skills.
• Understanding of Motion Builder.
• Experience implementing and fine-tuning melee and ranged combat systems for console.
• Comfortable working in a global team environment.
• MEL and Python scripting.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r79wwq-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.