Software Development Engineer in Test
San Mateo, CA
Senior Game Engine Programmer
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Pixelopus at PlayStation HQ has a great opportunity for a Game Engine Programmer. We seek a specialist to architect, implement, and modify runtime and tools features of Pixelopus' engine technology. Here, you will have the opportunity to work with next-gen hardware. You will write and optimize code with a heavy focus on usability, maintainability and real-time performance. If you enjoy working with content creators to bring their artistic and systemic visions of the game to life please apply!
• Architects and implements game engine and pipeline technology based on technical and artistic needs, taking advantage of next-gen hardware
• Maintains and updates existing systems for increased functionality, memory efficiency, and performance
• Develops familiarity with hardware details, their capabilities and performance bottlenecks
• Works independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision
• Crafts comprehensive memory and performance budgets for the team.
• Documents technical implementation details
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technological developments and advancements
• Supplies innovative and original ideas
• Advises and mentors other programmers across the studio
• Independently recognizes opportunities to improve game systems, tools, engine or general workflow, and seeks to make these changes
• Computer Skills: Proficiency with C, C++, and assembly programming. Experience with Unreal Engine 4, and PlayStation SDK. Experience working with analytical tools like PIX, Razor CPU/GPU, Telemetry, and other debugging software. Ability to use common workplace software like Microsoft Office Suite products.
• Communication Skills: Ability to translate artistic requirements into technical design, as well as explain relevant technical details to users of implemented technology. Ability to give and receive feedback in a thoughtful and professional manner. Write clear and concise user documentation.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Apply knowledge of game development relevant technical concepts, including, but not limited to, linear algebra, rendering pipelines and rendering, streaming, serialization, memory management, multi-threading, character animation.
• Education and/or Experience: Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or six years of professional experience or training, or an equivalent amount of education and experience.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.