Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Planning
Job Location: San Mateo, CA
The PlayStation Corporate Planning team is looking for a Senior level Financial Analyst superstar.
As an integral member of the Global Corporate Planning team, you will be responsible for PlayStation's financial planning & analysis. Areas of focus include analyzing trends and recommending strategies to management to ensure that we achieve our goals. Business analysis & management reporting are encouraged to be conducted in a timely manner and any business risks should be advanced to PlayStation's management without delay. Do you have excellent interpersonal skills? If you thrive on playing a key role in a company's FPA's success this role is for you!
• Managing our annual (fiscal budget, mid-range plan), quarterly and monthly forecasting processes.
• Developing thoughtful analysis and delivering key insights that support strategic decision making.
• Working with internal leadership partners as part of the monthly and quarterly reporting process.
• Supporting the strategic business discussions/projects (e.g. – M&A, Mid-range planning, Future Investment Decision) by providing the financial insights.
• Partner with Corporate Planning counterparts in other regions (Europe and Japan) to understand the impact of local performance on the global results.
• Providing mentorship and feedback to other analysts within the team.
• Partnering with the Finance organizations to provide analysis in support of new or existing processes.
• Recommending ways to automate reporting and streamline processes.
• Willingness to assist with a variety of tasks and able to work both independently and collaboratively
• Ability to multitask and deliver against aggressive timelines
• Minimum 5-7 years of related work experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Sophisticated software proficiency: Excel, and Powerpoint
• Knowledge of Financial Planning Tools: SAP, Workday Adaptive
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Takes initiative and ownership to ensure successful outcomes
• Basic knowledge/understanding of accounting and financial statements
• Experience of working in M&A environment considered a plus but not crucial
• Japanese language proficiency considered a plus but not crucial
• Strong interest in internet and/or media & entertainment industries
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn89em-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.