Senior Environment Artist
Location: San Mateo, CA
PixelOpus, creator of the award-winning action-adventure PS4 game Concrete Genie, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative team in crafting an exciting new PlayStation 5 title in collaboration with Sony Pictures Animation.
PixelOpus is one of the Global Game Development Studios within the PlayStation Studios family. Located at PlayStation's HQ in San Mateo, CA. PixelOpus is looking for a highly talented and motivated Senior Environment Artist .
You're a creative and passionate artist who lives for world building and crafting environments that tell a story. You're inspired to achieve only the highest quality in your work and want to contribute to the artistic vision and development of an innovative project.
You will collaborate with other artists to create environments and props that are compelling and visually appealing in order to provide our players with the most immersive experiences possible. We are looking for someone who is able to think laterally as well as experienced at taking concepts and breaking them down into modular elements to build beautiful worlds.
At PixelOpus everyone works closely together supporting and inspiring one another in a creative safe space.
• Ownership of modeling, texturing and lighting environments with an emphasis on crafting worlds based on stylized art direction.
• Compose and stage environment assets to enhance level design intent while maintaining a player-centric experience.
• Collaborate closely with environment team members as well as level and system designers to create beautiful worlds that play well.
• Research and contribute to the production pipelines, processes, and workflow improvements.
• Strong effective communicator who maintains great team-player demeanor while being flexible with new ideas.
• Experience giving and receiving productive feedback.
Requirements & Skills:
• 5+ years of industry experience building game environments. Experience shipping multiple video game titles on consoles or PC (full-cycle).
• Experience with video game development including, but not limited to workflow, tools, lighting, high and low poly modeling, texture painting, material setup, surface sampling, UV layout, in-game prop animation, environment prop rigging and asset optimization.
• Knowledge of architecture and natural scenery including form, color, and composition.
• Proven ability to visualize entire assets and supporting details based on concept art and direction.
• Strong polygonal modeling skills generating clean and efficient models.
• Relevant software proficiencies: Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Substance Designer and Photoshop.
• Experience multi-tasking and adapting easily to change.
• Strong working knowledge of Unreal Engine
• Knowledge/experience with Houdini.
• Experience working with remote teams
• Foundation in traditional arts.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwbp7k-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.