Full Time Job
Senior Environment Artist
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts and PlayStation Studios Malaysia are both passionate teams within the PlayStation family, made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world.
Always at the cutting edge of technology, the teams work with studios like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bend Studios, SuckerPunch, San Diego Studio, Japan Studios, and more PlayStation first-party teams, providing world-class content development and services to these studios.
Why work when you can play? This is life at PlayStation!
Currently working on PlayStation's well-known and well-loved franchises, our Art team in PlayStation Studios Malaysia is looking for talented, highly-motivated and creative Senior Environment Artists to breathe life into the next chapter of in-game and cinematic storytelling.
Reporting to the Senior Manager for Art team, the Senior Environment Artist will be required to work with the Art Director(s) and/or Lead Artist(s) to create both in-game and cinematic environments and props within a range of styles. The focus will be on environmental art pieces and set dressing. The incumbent will help to define workflows & process and build an internal Environment pipeline. The incumbent may also assist with staffing, scheduling and budgeting of Environment Assets.
The ability to create environments from both detailed concepts and a single photograph is required. The ability to take and provide direction from concepts or rough direction to final model/texture will be a big plus.
• Manage environments from grey box to final engine implementation including geometry, shaders, textures, and engine-specific elements.
• Create in-game art assets with a strong aesthetics and understanding of form, structure, construction, composition, light, and colour design.
• Set dress levels with a strong sense of environmental storytelling while meeting the visual benchmark and gameplay elements.
• Troubleshoot, improve, and optimize levels and in-game performance.
• Keeping up to the required level of quality and productivity standards set by Art Supervisor/ Lead Artist.
• Understand, interpret and adopt feedback from supervisors and/ or clients alike to improve production outcome/ performance.
• Coach/ Mentor junior members in the asset art team in maintaining/ exceeding the required level of productivity for creation of art assets.
• Contribute to a creative, collaborative and fun working atmosphere amongst the team.
• Minimum 7+ years of experience in games modelling environments using Maya, or related experience/software, with exposure to at least 3 shipped AAA titles.
• Exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modelling.
• Strong experience and techniques in creating plants, shrubs and vines using cards/flats.
• Strong artistic ability to visualize entire levels and detail with minimal concept art and direction.
• Strong technical ability to manage assets to fit memory, design, and frame rate limits.
• Strong polygonal modelling skills- able to generate clean and efficient models at a fast pace,.
• Self-motivated and independent-requires minimal supervision and direction, can carry on the vision for the level until completion and push to the limits where required.
• Good communication skills-able to help others and ask for help when needed. Being proactive in sharing info and assets
• Great team-player attitude-being flexible with new ideas, being open to direction and changes. Listening to teammates
• Deadline oriented-highly committed to deadlines, able to manage and organize work so he meets all the deadlines and is able to adjust when changes happen
• Foundation in the traditional arts.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d85mwm-35-172-224-102-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.