IT Support Administrator
London, United Kingdom
Senior Engineer - Computer Graphics
Future Technology Group
About the Future Technology Group
Future Technology Group are PlayStation's technology experts. We research and develop innovative technologies that push the boundaries of play, helping game developers make the best games on PlayStation by creating a world class SDK.
As part of the Future Technology Group team, you will be working with small focused project teams researching and prototyping cutting edge technologies, and finding ways to apply them to our platform and services.
What you'll be doing
• Researching state of the art technologies
• Contributing to identifying and developing the technology portfolio of future PlayStation platforms
• Performing research and sharing information internally, in relevant conferences or publications
• Developing proof of concepts and cutting-edge technology prototypes
• Anticipating technology trends and applying these to improve our existing and future PlayStation products/services
What we are looking for
You'll need to have the following:
• Degree and 4+ year's relevant experience
• Research experience in Neural Rendering or Machine Learning based approaches to Graphics Rendering
• Knowledge of modern Machine Learning technologies
• Strong technical background in Math or Computer Science
• Hands-on experience working with deep learning toolkits; such as Tensorflow, PyTorch or Keras
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills
• Ability to work proactively on your own as well as constructively as part of a larger team
Nice to have:
• PhD in Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computer Science or related field
• Strong coding and software engineering skills in a mainstream programming language; such as C, C++, Python, etc.
• Experience of Graphics pipelines and related technologies
• Experience in working in an R&D environment
• Experience with research communities, including having published papers at conferences
Benefits of working in the Future Technology Group
• Technology development is not constrained by specific games/engines. There is time and space to research and develop cutting edge technologies
• Opportunities to work on collaborative projects with R&D teams in Japan and US, the wider Sony group, and with academia
• Opportunities to participate in innovation initiatives and global hackathons
• Opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills by learning about the latest techniques in a team of experts with a wealth of industry experience
• Relaxed working environment with high level of trust and autonomy. All staff are encouraged to express their views and challenge the status quo
• Discretionary bonus opportunity
• Private Medical Insurance
• Dental Scheme
• London Allowance (if applicable)
• 25 days holiday per year
• On Site Gym
• Subsidised Café
• Free soft drinks
• On site bar
• Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjwwy0-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.