PlayStation is seeking a Senior Director to lead the Global Infrastructure team. You will be leading a blended team of remote & hybrid team members, providing 24/7 global coverage. Your team designs, builds, and operates foundational, enterprise services to enable our business units around the world. These fundamental services include large-scale Data Storage Systems, Networking, Data Centers, public clouds, SAP Infrastructure, and an on-prem server fleet among many other services.
The team will work with global business leaders, information security, enterprise architecture, other IT teams, and external partners to ensure we deliver high-speed, reliable, and efficient services across the globe.
We are looking for an innovative and creative technology leader who can foster an environment where solutions will be designed that will embody SIE culture and best-in-class Future State Reference Architecture whilst also creating efficiencies for supporting teams.
With both a strategic lens and passion for detail, you will help drive world class digital solutions which are key to PlayStation's long-term success.
• Design based on globally standard processes and solutions for core capability areas
• Create an environment for your team to innovate, self-improve and implement with urgency and accuracy
• Set the direction, strategy and vision for the team considering emerging technologies
• Encourages learning from failures and creates a climate of openness to new ways of working, risk, and uncertainty
• Develop the next generation of technology leaders who can build strategic partnerships with internal and external partners through organizational change
• Be a cultural leader for the wider SIE business
• Work with outsource partners and optimize 3rd party relationships
• Identify and be accountable for key KPIs and ensure delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements and monitoring of IT systems performance
• Identify and prioritize common components that enable and accelerate multiple transformational programs thus reducing overall time and cost of realizing SIE's business goals.
• Build re-usable, shareable, and service-oriented architecture – for player, partner, and operator
• Reduce Cost, Deliver Benefits: Reduce total cost of ownership and cost of change, while delivering tangible benefits (financial and business outcomes)
• Rationalize Applications: Advance legacy application dependency and retirement
• Innovate and Evolve: Maintain an evergreen view of our future state application portfolio and actively retire legacy applications. Actively learn about business and technology trends; apply this learning judiciously and innovatively.
• 15+ years of engineering management experience, including having managers reporting into you
• A strong technologist with a seasoned infrastructure technology background evidenced by 10+ years in Technology & Product Tech roles
• Clear and proven change management and leadership skills
• Demonstrated experience working with geographically dispersed teams
• Strong industry wide expertise in enterprise scale integration
• Capability delivery with strong end to end ownership and a clear track record of leading transformation in the Digital space
• Platform expertise and solid understanding of platform thinking
• Technology thought leadership in the latest advances in market and ability to turn that into clear technology roadmap to meet the business needs
• Global experience delivering global platforms while tailored for local markets and implemented to an excellent standard
• Strong collaborator management across a complex matrix ensuring clarity of communications and meeting collaborator expectations to deliver key business outcomes
• Good interpersonal, presentation and negotiating skills to quickly establish rapport and credibility at all levels within an organization with the ability to challenge, convince and manage multiple partners
• Customer experience mentality
• Experience working on enterprise-critical employee-facing system desirable
• Experience with multi-region Cloud hosted solutions
• Ability to formulate and allocate budgets
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb84ok-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.