San Francisco, CA
Senior Director, PlayStation Design
Location: San Francisco, CA
Do you want a central role in the next console generation? PlayStation 5 is a landmark in our UI evolution and just getting started. As we transition from launch to growth, we have a rare opportunity for an innovative design leader.
We are a global design organization headquartered in Silicon Valley with presence in Tokyo, London and Los Angeles.
With PlayStation 5, we have made design investments that will drive an evolution in how players engage with their favorite games, publishers and each other. We are looking for an accomplished design leader who can bridge consumer devices with cloud-based services.
You: have led design of a global product with world-class aesthetics and innovation. You are adept at working effectively in a large organization and influencing across the company. Excellence in graphics, interaction, motion, and prototyping are central to your practice.
You are comfortable with code and know how to deploy a sophisticated prototyping team to drive UI breakthroughs.
• Lead a team of managers and designers across a major product area
• Work with VP-level partners to define product strategy
• Raise the bar in type, color, layout, motion, and usability
• Drive strong business results through proactive UI interventions
• Attract and retain world-class talent
• Partner strongly with cross-functional partners to drive excellence and deliver new business value
• Experience managing managers on a globally prominent product
• Has owned a primary experience pillar of a major consumer brand
• Formal training and/or spectacular portfolio in hands-on visual and interaction design.
• Strong talent network locally and globally.
• Expertise in modern design practice and tools.
• Entrepreneurial orientation and experience
• Ability to communicate powerfully with design, technical, and business partners.
• We believe in a strong bias to action!
• Personal creative practice in visuals, game design, film, or photography.
• Depth in code or technical know-how
• A track record of high-impact innovation
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.