PlayStation Studios Visual Arts and PlayStation Studios Malaysia are both passionate teams within the PlayStation family, made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world.
Always at the cutting edge of technology, the teams work with studios like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bend Studios, SuckerPunch, San Diego Studio, Japan Studios, and more PlayStation first-party teams, providing world-class content development and services to these studios.
We are currently looking for a Senior Concept Artist to come aboard and support our global outsource team.
Reporting into the Outsource Supervisor in PlayStation Studios Malaysia while collaborating with the Concept Supervisor/ team and Outsource Manager in PlayStation Visual Arts, the Senior Concept Artist will be working with a team of concept artists to bring artistic visions to life. In addition to having the needed craftmanship, such as color keys, mood pieces, production designs, and key art, we are in search of those who can bring creative and thoughtful designs together, and bringing client's artistic visions to life.
The ability to distil ideas of game experience into compelling aesthetic designs for characters, worlds, props, and other assets and solid experience in artistic pipeline creation will be critical to the role.
• Create believable and relevant concept art for character, environments, props, and/or effects.
• Work with supervisors, leads and other artists in various art disciplines to create visual designs for mood pieces of the game world and characters.
• Serve as an artistic resource for overall product or as a studio resource, which includes, but is not limited to, mentoring and training less experienced artists, guiding them with critiques, enforcing correct process, and teaching new techniques.
• Generate inspirational concept and prototype art to pitch game scenarios, address feedback and quickly iterate on concepts.
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in concept art, in a production environment (can be free-lancing).
• Strong command of foundation art skills (drawing, painting and rendering, material indication, perspective, composition, color theory, design, anatomy, and 2nd & 3rd design techniques).
• Excellent communication skills, able to articulate concepts and ideas eloquently.
• Ability to grasp and adhere to guidelines/ art directions while staying innovative and creative.
• Proficiency in Photoshop with an emphasis on drawing, painting and image making.
• 3D modeling and sculpting skills are not required but an added advantage.
• Strong time management and prioritization skills. This entails collaborating with the Production group to coordinate task lists to ensure assignments are progressing well according to schedules, objectives and overall project goals.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnpqmk-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.