The Visual Arts Group and PlayStation Malaysia are passionate teams within the PlayStation family, provides world-class content, development, and services to PlayStation's studios all over the world. Our team is made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world, working with some of the best minds and companies around.
Why work when you can play? This is life at PlayStation!
We are looking for a Senior Character Rigger/TD who has experience with Maya rigging/scripting, along with a strong understanding of human anatomy and realistic deformation. You will work with our multi-award winning team while working with AAA Worldwide Studios like Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio, San Diego Studio, Guerrilla Games, and more!
If you like to be hands-on and have the effective communication skills to ensure output from the rigging team is executed efficiently, timely, and meet our technical and animation requirements, we want to talk to you!
• Set up and maintain character (humans & animals) rigs and systems.
• Work with art group to develop models that meets technical
• Work with animation group to create artist-friendly rigs that satisfy
• animation/gameplay needs.
• Design and set up character dynamics (i.e. cloth, hair).
• Develop new techniques and processes to further advance
• Collaborate with TDs in on-going facial and muscle simulation research.
• Create tools to streamline workflow/pipeline.
• Work with team directors and production to identify/prioritize tasks.
• Provide and maintain technical documentation.
• Minimum 6 years of production experience in game or film/VFX field, with
• Strong understanding of Maya and Python scripting.
• Professional experience with developing and maintaining FACS based facial rigs.
• In-depth knowledge of character/prop rigging technique and principles.
• Knowledge of realistic human anatomy
• Experience with adopting production pipelines and make improvements that respect guidelines and system requirements.
• Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to find pragmatic solutions.
• Proven ability to be self-sufficient and take initiative to seek answers and address issues.
• Experience with OpenMaya or C++ Maya API.
• Familiarity in runtime performance efficiency and optimization, including Maya parallel DAG evaluation.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6j8zn-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.