Aliso Viejo, CA
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Aliso Viejo, CA
Want to be at the Best Place to Play – and to work? Future Technology Group at Sony PlayStation is hiring a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst! Here at FTG, we are passionate about cloud gaming to deliver ground-breaking experience to our customers.
Who Are We?
Business intelligence at FTG is a service organization that builds & maintains technological processes for analyzing data and providing useful insights to Sony PlayStation.
What Do We Want?
We want to empower our stakeholders with actionable & valuable insights and investigations that help FTG Product Owners, Engineers, Developers, Managers and Multi-functional Teams make informed business decisions, ensuring that PlayStation is indeed the place to be.
What will you do?
• Combine problem solving and sleuthing skills with business knowledge to identify root causes and resolutions for our most complicated questions
• Work with various multi-functional teams to develop data insights and drive experience improvements
• Create measurable, reportable, and valuable metrics for our partners by working with data engineering teams to build clean, reliable datasets.
• Utilize our data visualization and self-service platform MicroStrategy by designing, developing, and supporting sophisticated and interactive dashboard reports, studies and advanced BI visualizations
• Build and maintain strong peer relationships within the team and outside partners
What will help you be successful?
• You are a great teammate
• You want to learn everything and anything
• You are a critical thinker who is passionate about data and visualizing it
• You are curious, inventive, meticulous, and tenacious
• You have strong and well-formed ideas that are open to challenges and feedback
• You have a passion – whether that is games or fishing or baking or hiking or collecting coins.
• Given context, you are capable of self-direction
• You are comfortable with ambiguity and shifting contexts
• You enjoy exploring new technologies and taking them for a spin
• You are quick to admit a mistake and happy to fail and learn
• You are especially communicative and strive to provide the most value to your customers
• You are easily bored and are looking for an exciting work environment
What do you know?
• 3 to 5 years' experience in business intelligence and data analytics
• Proficient in SQL
• Nice to Have: Python and Statistics
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge and usage of Standard Visualization Tools i.e., MicroStrategy, Tableau, Looker etc.
• Experience with HP Vertica is a plus
• Basic knowledge of data warehouse techniques
One more thing...
• BS or equivalent in computer science, MIS, STEM, or a related discipline
• 3-5 years' experience or more
• Willing to move a few miles from a SoCal beach. You can live within driving distance of Aliso Viejo, CA
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3x5vn-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.