London, United Kingdom
The Platform Software Design Division in London consists of software engineering teams and a test team working on Audio, Graphics, VR (Virtual Reality) and Game Technologies.
We develop innovative technologies that push the boundaries of play, helping game developers make the best games on PlayStation by creating a world class SDK.
Reporting to the Manager of the Test & Release team and working closely with the Audio SDK team, you will join a small team of engineers delivering state-of-the-art audio software analysis, testing, and systems, development support, and continuous integration technologies for the PlayStation R&D team.
Your role will be to develop and improve the audio analysis and testing systems for our consoles and audio libraries.
What you'll be doing:
• Writing audio analysis code in C++/C, and scripts in Python to test audio output quality of different libraries within our SDK
• Take an active role in supporting audio development work by researching and implementing audio analysis algorithms
• Learn about PlayStation tools, systems, and products; in particular, our implementation of 3D Audio
• Support code quality, static analysis, continuous integration, bespoke test frameworks and other systems
• Help drive project quality and implement suitable tools and processes
• Working with multiple teams, communicating with audio and test & release teams worldwide
What we're looking for:
• Experience working in C/C++ and/or Python
• Demonstrable working knowledge of digital audio analysis and audio standards
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• 2+ years of industry experience (or similar) in game development, audio programming or communication technology
• Experience working in a team and excellent communication skills
• Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
Nice to have
• 4+ years of industry experience in a similar role
• Experience using or implementing standard audio quality metrics such as PESQ, POLQA, PEAQ, and spectral comparison in Python or C/C++.
• Experience with source code control systems such as git, working with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins Pipelines, familiarity with compile environments, knowledge about VMware (or similar) and other related DevOps systems and processes
• Experience in using test automation/testing frameworks such as CppUnit and GTest
• Experience of writing test cases for APIs and console applications
• Experience with Visual Studio and support tools
Benefits of working at PlayStation
• Technology development is not constrained by specific games/engines. There is time and space to research and develop cutting edge technologies
• Opportunities to work on collaborative projects with R&D teams in Tokyo and in San Mateo, with the wider Sony group
• Innovation time for research and projects of your own choosing
• Opportunities to take part in global hackathons
• Relaxed working environment with high level of trust and autonomy. All staff are encouraged to express their views and challenge the status quo
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d94v4m-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.